wibiya widget

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Conversations w/ Gracie Hill


Q. How long have you been writing?

A. I started writing when I was in High school. I wrote mostly poetry and short stories. Over the last five years I started writing romance novels. It has not been my long time desire to be a novelist. God gave me the title for five books and the words to put on the pages. So, I give all the glory to God.

Q. What are some of your writing credits?

A. I have written several Newsletters for churches and organizations. I am currently writing for an online magazine called “Rock Town Wire.” Visit the magazine at www.rocktownwire.com I have also written several articles for another online magazine called “Helium.” You can read those articles at www.helium.com I am a member of the Chicago Writers Association.

Q. What are your published titles?

A. “Where The Brothers At?” was my first book. It was released in November of 2008. My second book entitled “Sorrows of the Heart” will be released in late May of this year. You can read excerpts, check out the book covers, and read comments about the books, written by people who have already read the books on my website at www.graciehill.com I am currently working on my third book “The Kitchen Beautician.” It is a hilariously colorful look at life and the decisions that people make and how those decisions impact their lives. It will be released later this year. Excerpts from this book are also available on my website.

Q. Why do you like writing romance novels?

A. I like painting a picture in the writers mind with my words. I think people can easily relate to books written about affairs of the heart, love, and the roller coaster ride the emotion love can take you on. A lot of people read because it offers them a doorway to something that they don’t have and want to experience. It’s their time to fantasize. I like providing that fantasy.

Q. Who are some of your favorite authors?

A. ReShonda Tate Billingsley, Patricia Haley and Donna Hill. Donna and I are not related but I wish we were. She is a great author. There are a couple of up and coming authors Tretara Flowers and Tiama Dent that you should be on the look out for. I like their work as well. You can read samples of their work on my website.

Q. What book are you reading now?

A. “Devine Order” by Deborah L. Harris

Q. Who designed your website?

A. My sister Machelle Wood. She is a Webmaster by profession. She manages and updates my site on a regular basis. I am blessed because she does it for me for free.


Visit Gracie at www.graciehill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones