wibiya widget

Friday, February 5, 2010

Books That Make You Go OOOOO Day 5


The Ultimate Moment No Regrets By. Tamika Newhouse

The famed characters from The Ultimate NO NO are back and are still searching for love. The scam Nitrah and Dahlia created was just the beginning of their heartaches. Now time has past and the ladies are back for round two. Nitrah has decided to move on with her life and even took a new step in her career, but as soon as she moves on Troy comes back to Fort Worth. Not only does Nitrah face Troy, she also will face the past when Michael is back to start a committed relationship with her. She is now torn between the two, and you want believe who she chooses. Jazzaray and Tim are now married. But aren t you suppose to be living the happily ever after. Well that isn t the case when Jazzaray and Tim both face so many turmoil s that they will be tested in some of the most difficult ways. Now, Monica who turns out to be a predator for married men will make it her mission to make Tim all hers. Will Tim and Jazzaray s relationship survive or did they jump the broom too soon. Finally, will Dahlia find true love with the man who got away? Can she finally let go of the past with Troy. Things for her becomes worse before it gets better and as you expect for her to finally get her prince charming, her life takes a unexpected twist that you will be shocked to see how it all ends. Are all her sister s secrets really out of the closet? Can these women finally find true love and stop playing with people s hearts. They will all come face to face with their problems in their final Moments, and in the end they must make a choice and having No Regrets in the end. It s now or never!!



Read a exclusive chapter from this sequel


Fuck no, this was not happening to me! Was Troy really sitting here agreeing that he was going to marry that dirty bitch? It hit me hard, hard like a slap to my face. Why would he marry her instead of me? I looked at her and rolled my eyes with all the sassiness I had.
Damn.
I thought the last time I would see Teresa was in Florida. Apparently she got around pretty quick. I couldn’t stand the look on her face as she stood outside of Troy’s car with her arms crossed and tapping her foot. I knew that Teresa wouldn’t be happy to see her boyfriend sitting in the car with me, his ex. She knew me and Troy’s history. Hell, everyone knew. I was the woman who was supposed to be wearing Troy’s ring, or maybe even Denim’s ring, but that’s another story. Denim and I both had a problem when it came to a relationship together, neither one of us could stay faithful.
It sure seemed like I couldn’t win at love. I wanted to punch Teresa and knock her down. I needed her to feel what I was feeling, which was embarrassed, hurt, and confused. It had been months since I’d seen or heard from Troy and when I did, he blindsided me with this news, after he said that he would always love me. Ugh, why did I have to do that stupid scam Dahlia wanted? I forgave her, but it was obvious that Troy couldn’t forgive me. Better yet, why couldn’t he just tell me that he was kidding? Why didn’t he say that he wanted to marry me and that Teresa was a clouded misjudgment?
See it all started off when Dahlia came to me and a couple of our other friends about her secret. Dahlia had been my friend since college. Of course I thought that we had no secrets, but she revealed that her ex was Troy of all people. Back in college he had broken her heart; in return, she wanted me to break his.
How was I supposed to do that? Simple. I was to date him, make him fall in love with me, and then dump him. In retrospect, it was a no-win situation, especially since I fell in love with him. He fell hard for me, too. Now of course, I was stupid for saying yes to the scam anyhow. But at the end of the day, I wanted to be with Troy. Dahlia, however, in the end hated us together, which started all the heartaches in our little circle.
Now looking at Troy, sitting in the driver’s seat, gripping the steering wheel, made me think. I waited for him to say Teresa was lying but that did not come out of his mouth. Instead he sat across from me as if he were waiting for a reaction. Was this a show he was putting on for her sake, so that they could witness my pain? It was cruel being in the vicinity of the woman he had originally cheated on me with a while back. I still felt like a fool. Why her? A little over a year ago Troy and I were in love. Despite all the mess and the fact we both withheld secrets, we loved each other. He never knew why I started to date him. He never told me about his past with Dahlia, nor did he tell me about Teresa. We were doomed from the get-go. I had agreed to the scam, and I had different motives from the beginning. Troy also had secrets. He never wanted anyone to find out about Dahlia and he. But this wasn’t what made us breakup the first time. When I had found out that he had possibly fathered a child by Dahlia’s sister, I went livid. Fortunately, Troy wasn’t the father but Dahlia’s current boyfriend was, which was reason number one for me and Troy’s reunion. Now, Dahlia was happy when we had broken up. But when she saw we had gotten back together, her hate for Troy had resurfaced, causing her to tell everyone about the scam, which in turn was the reason why Troy and I broke up for the last time. Until today, I hadn’t spoken to him or seen him since our last goodbye a year ago.
Teresa was his other woman the whole time we had dated. I had given Troy my heat but he was never faithful to me until it was too late. I cleared my thoughts. No one had uttered a sound in the last few minutes. I didn’t wish them well, so saying congratulations would be a lie.
I wanted Troy to marry me. I wanted to make love to him in the front seat of his truck right in front of her, just to show her who was boss. But I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t make a scene. My best friend’s wedding reception was going on ten feet away from us. I had to stay calm.

Purchase this book at www.delphinepublications.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones