wibiya widget

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conversations w/ Ni'cola


1. What's your inspiration or who is?

Any hard working woman that handles her business. I despise week women. I am not going to go with the norm and rant off a list of famous black women. If a woman is a single mother, living in the projects, trying to get her life together, she is an inspiration as well.

2. who is your target readers.

Women from the ages of 21 to 35.


3. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

Friends, family, myself, the world…. I just write about life situations.

4. Is the main character based on anyone you know?

I had a daughter that passed away named Dionni. She lived to be 40 days old. The combination of all of my daughters is who I created this character to be. I combined the features of my other daughter’s Destani 15 and Diamond 10, and came up with this character. I believe the characteristics, and the descripition that I created in this story is how my real Dionni would have been.

5. How did you become interested in writing on urban stories?
They are the stories that I can relate to the most.

6. What were your favorite books as a kid?
Superfudge

7. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be an African art buyer like Whitley was from a different world.
Visit Ni'Cola at www.nicolacmitchell.com
Join her fan club at www.nicola.ning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones