Saturday, November 13, 2010
AAMBC Virtual Tours with Jacob Burrage
Author JB Burrage is definitely a power to be reckoned with. An extremely talented writer, JB Burrage has written Caught Up, a street thriller that is comparable to the juicy story that you might hear going on in the neighborhood; and the sci-fi thriller Secrets Revealed, a story that adds a lot of realism to science fiction. But he is not done showing the world his talent. Author JB is also working on The Forbidden Lounge, the sequel to Caught Up, and a novel that will be better and juicier than Caught Up itself and is due to be released in 2011. He is also working on other projects that he chooses to keep secret, for now.
Jacob “JB” Burrage was born in Jackson, Mississippi and raised in Meridian, Mississippi. After leaving Mississippi, JB Burrage served in the US Army from 1999 until 2010. During his time in the Army, he has been to Hawaii, Egypt, Israel, New York State, Maryland, and Texas; as well many other states. While in the Army, he discovered himself and his true talents, and decided to pursue that by founding J. Burrage Publications.
Normally a science fiction writer, Caught Up was written in an attempt to express himself through other genres. With the release of Caught Up, JB Burrage is now focused on the publication of Secrets Revealed by the beginning of 2011 and the development of The Forbidden Lounge. He also has a blog series, The Chronicles, at The JBP Chronicles blog at www.jbpublications.com/blog.
Jeremiah Blackwood is a young, dark and very eligible bachelor who is trying to defy the odds of the stereotypical black man in the dirty south and overcome the small town mentality that constantly threatens his success. Through hard work and determination, he honed his craft as a writer and began making his mark in the community when he met a caramel complexioned girl who could make Buffy the Body look like Miss Celie in The Color Purple. She seemed so innocent the first time they met. Her beautiful brown eyes beckoned him into her lonely soul. Her smile was enticing, yet friendly. He knew she was the woman of his dreams. Much to his surprise, he found that not only was she far from perfect, but soon realized that she was involved in some things bigger than he could wrap his small mind around. Find out what happens when a man gets caught up in a tangled web of lust, lies, and unadulterated drama.
Excerpt: We just laid there in the bed. I was holding her, and she was resting her head on my chest the way she always did after we made love. Tonight was no different. We were quiet. I think we wore each other out. Sex with Shirley was always good, but I didn’t want to get into it too much because I didn’t want to get sprung. I’ll be damned if I had a girl make me go crazy over some pussy.
We must have been quiet for about fifteen minutes. I was dozing off, but I didn’t want her to spend the night. She was here almost every night this week, and I didn’t want to see her too much. I was about to sit up so I could hint to her somehow that I wanted her to leave. Then, she started kissing my chest. Damn, her kisses felt good. I couldn’t stop her, so I just let her continue what she was doing.
After a few minutes of her kissing on and arousing me, she stopped and laid her head on my chest. She took a deep breath. It seemed like she had something on her mind.
“What’s wrong?” I asked her.
“Nothing,” she said.
“Are you sure?” I asked, concerned.
She said, “I’m fine, baby.” She was silent for a minute. Then, she spoke up. “Jay, do you love me?”
I coughed because my spit went down the wrong pipe. “Do I what?”
“Do you love me?”
What was wrong with her, I thought. What the hell was she sipping on tonight?
“Uh, Shirley, why are you asking me that?” I asked
“I want to know,” she answered. “Do you: yes or no?”
Now, I was silent.
“Oh, I see,” she said. “You want to hit it, but that’s it. Never thought about how this shit would affect a girl.”
Interview with the Author/Publisher:
1. What is the mission of your publishing company?My overall mission/goal for J. Burrage Publications, LLC (JBP) is to publish, distribute, and promote quality books, as well as establish a foothold in the publishing world as a company to be respected and reckoned with. This is especially the case for novels that could really make an impact but haven't been given the chance by other publishing houses. Once JBP is ready to publish other writers, the selection for novels will be very difficult due to the fact that we do not want to just put any type of work out there. Our two mottos basically say it all, “Read into my Dimension, 3-B”, and “Taking over the industry, one book at a time”.
2. What year was J. Burrage Publications founded? In the spring of 2007.
3. What is the website address for J. Burrage Publications?www.jbpublications.com, currently has hundreds of unique visitors that view the site on a monthly basis.
4. What inspired you to start a publishing company for self-publishers/new authors?I am the type of person who likes to have control over his own work, goals, etc. I started JBP after my first attempt with going with a publisher. When I realized I rushed into the project (a sci-fi novel called The Journal of John Baker, (which is what Secrets Revealed is based off of) and wrote Caught Up, I decided it would be best if I handled my own projects. I have made attempts to reach out to a few publishers and agents, which I can't even remember who they are now, but were rejected or didn't get replies back. This further helped me decide that I should just publish my own work. Plus I felt like a mainstream publisher would not understand my work and take away most of its effects. So, instead of dealing with that, I just simply did my research on the industry and started JBP.
5. What other publications are on the horizon for J. Burrage Publications?Secrets Revealed is in the pre-publishing phase with an anticipated release date of on or about January 2, 2011. The Forbidden Lounge is currently being written.
6. Are there any other services offered by J. Burrage Publications?Currently, there is J. Burrage Creative Services, which will be a network of writers and graphic designers. JBCS will provide affordable editing and designing services to self-publishers, businesses, and individuals just requiring certain projects. Website is for JBCS is www.jbcreativeservices.com. Also, JBP is launching its own online bookstore, called The Book Store. The Book Store will carry JBP titles and will be another outreach to our reader base in addition to Amazon, whom we work closely with. Also, JBP will start publishing other authors within a year to a year and a half.
7. What’s the future of J. Burrage Publications?I have a very ambitious goal for JBP within the next 5 years. I want JBP to eventually become a full media entertainment business, publishing books, magazines, stage play productions, and even screenplay productions.
Jacob L. Burrage (JB) can be reached by:Email: email@example.com
Telephone: (800) 940-5604
Facebook: Jacob L. Burrage and Caught Up Book Club
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jb39301 and http://www.myspace.com/jbpubs