wibiya widget

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Two Tears in a Bucket By Traci Bee


Synopsis:
Betrayed by her cold, callous mother and abused by her alcoholic stepfather, eighteen-year-old Simone Woodard is kicked out of the house like a bag of trash and left to survive on her own. While struggling to create a life for herself, her beauty and innocence captivate Kevin Kennard, a handsome, hazel-eyed felon with an addiction to all things illegal. For the first time in Kevin’s life, true love has him rethinking his criminal path. But the action on the streets won’t take a backseat to Simone.

Two Tears in a Bucket is a soulful novel that reminds us how powerful and lasting the bonds of love can be, even among the harsh realities of urban life. One does not have to become a product of their environment for roses bloom in the ghetto, too.





Biography:
After an impeccable, award wining career in real estate, Traci Bee decided it was time to acknowledge a yearning that had shadowed her from childhood. An avid reader and lover of creative writing, Traci decided it was time to pen the novel that had dwelled inside of her for over 20 years. In September of 2007, "Two Tears in a Bucket" was born. A compelling story of raw love amidst the harsh realities of urban life, the novel won Traci two awards. Excited about the novel's potential, Traci decided to take a vacation from the world of real estate to focus on promoting her novel. But life had other plans for Traci as a life altering storm brewed in her horizons. Two years later, Traci's back and her passion remains unwavering. She started King George Publishing, LLC - a publishing company named in honor of her daddy angel, George, and will be re-releasing "Two Tears in a Bucket" this fall with other soulful novels to follow.



Interview with the Author:

What’s your favorite part of “Two Tears in a Bucket?”

My favorite part is towards the end when everything unravels for Simone. She finally learns how everything transpired. (To know more, you have to read the book.)

What was the hardest part to write?

The hardest part to write was Thomas’ death. Simone’s dad, Thomas Woodard, was created in the imagine of my father, my daddy angel George. Thomas’s wittiness, his jovial personality, and the unconditional love he had for his daughter, were attributes of my own dad. There cause of death were the same as well.

What inspired you to write “Two Tears in a Bucket?”

In September of 1997, I told my husband I was going to write the story that had lived inside of me for over 20 years but the timing was never right. It took ten years, but I did it.

How did you come up with the title?

There were so many titles prior to “Two Tears in a Bucket.” But the one I really wanted was “They Smile in Your Face” which is a spin off of basically calling someone a backstabber. I loved it but my previous publishing company wanted me to change it. I was so frustrated. One of my girlfriend’s and I brainstormed for hours and finally came up with an old clichés “Two Tears in a Bucket.”

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I’m currently finishing up “Another Tear,” which is the sequel to “Two Tears in a Bucket.” I have two others that I’m working on as well.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Trying to find the time and that perfect place of solitude continues to be my biggest challenge.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Join writing groups. The knowledge and help that’s out there is unreal so get connected. Secondly, keep writing. Even if the ideas you have don’t necessary fit your current project, write any way. I write so much that my third novel is practically completed. All I have to do is piece together my notes. So keep writing and join writing groups.


Contact the Author:
www.tracibee.com
http://www.facebook.com/authortracibee
traci@tracibee.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
kgpublishing@yahoo.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.tracibee.com

Book Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-SejCUBWQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones