wibiya widget

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get to Know Cherilyn Vonn



1. Describe yourself for our visitors.
The best way that I can describe myself is simply by saying that I am a vessel and a servant. I live by the mantra, that I may be the only Bible that someone else reads. First and foremost, in addition to the many hates that I wear it’s my passion to fulfill my God-given mission!

2. What inspired you to write Weekly Wisdom: 52 Ways to Live a More Fulfilled Life?
Pain was the guiding force that paved way for the conception of Weekly Wisdom. I finally got to a point in my life where I was “sick and tired of being sick and tired!” I knew GOD had a larger vision of me than I had for myself. I found myself on an emotional merry-go-round of complacency, failed relationships and negativity. It was honestly draining the life out of me.
I believe we all come to a point in our lives in which we question our existence. For me I knew there had to be more to life than merely working a j.o.b. that I hated, living paycheck to paycheck and spiritually exhausted! I started a journey of understanding and forgiveness that allowed me the opportunity to find myself and embrace the essence of who I am and not the illusion of others perception of who I was or should be.
I released self-loathing for self-love, self-sabotage for self-acceptance and self-criticism for self-knowledge and forgiveness. I wanted to help others. Weekly Wisdom is a life-enrichment tool that has information and insight for everyone who is ready to release the shackles and be free!
3. There are many motivational and self help books on the market today. What sets Weekly Wisdom apart?
I don’t consider Weekly Wisdom to be a motivational book! Motivation is based on how one feels and feelings are fleeting! Weekly Wisdom is a blueprint for making the necessary changes to be stress free, debt free and drama free. It’s an owner’s manual that never loses its value or importance. The wisdom embedded throughout this book is what I have used to transform my life as well as others who have used these very principles and are now reaping the benefits of living authentically and purposefully!
Many “motivational” books out today offer a sugar rush without giving you the “meat and potatoes” that will sustain the readers. It’s like eating dessert without the main course. This book is the dinner that gives you the valuable nutrients needed to live a healthy life.

4. What has been the most rewarding aspect of your publishing journey?
The entire process has been an amazing journey! It’s truly a humbling and amazing reward to go from having a dream to seeing that dream manifest, it’s incredible! I would have to say that the most rewarding aspect of my career as an author/speaker is when people contact saying that my book has changed their lives! When I open my emails and receive testimonial after testimonial how transforming and powerful my book is and how it is helping others to live an authentic and fulfilled life, that is the most rewarding aspect of my journey thus far!
5. What advice would you give our visitors?
The best advice I could offer anyone would be to know your craft! Research and study everything there is to know about the literary field, ask questions and seek advice from the ones that have already achieved some form of success! You must believe in yourself and have faith in your vision!
6. What’s next for Cherilyn Vonn?
I am currently working on my second book titled: Unveiling the Mask: Stripped & Silenced, Never Shattered which is due out March 2010 as well I have co-authored several books, Unleash the Passion for your Purpose and Sisterfaith: Believing Beyond Boundaries!
7. How can our visitors connect with you online?
This is the best part connecting with my readers!
Website: www.unveilingthemask.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cherilynvonn
Twitter: www.twitter.com/cherilynvonn
Myspace: www.myspace.com/unveilingthemask

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Inteview. See you are doing big things in the Kingdom. I love this comment too your comment about motivational books as sugary and you have the full meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful! I'm so proud of you both! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones