wibiya widget

Monday, April 13, 2009

Conversations w/ Mark Lacy


1. As a person what is your inspiration to write?

I have many inspirations when it comes to writing. It actually does not
take much to influence my pen to meet the pad. I can write per something
someone said or did. Or I can write from a simple notion churned via a
fleeting thought.

2. When did you discover you loved to write?

I believe I was in high school taking world literature when my knack for
creative writing was uncovered.

3. What was your first written piece and how did it feel to have accomplished
such a task?

If I can remember correctly, I wrote my first poem when I was in high
school as an assignment. I must honestly say, it felt pretty doggone good
even though I was obligated to do it per my instructor.

4. An Author’s career can be a difficult task, so how do you get into the zone
to write your next book?

I do not feel that there is one cookie cutter method. Different things
work for different authors. On nights when I simply do not feel like
writing anything, I have to tell myself that "this is what I do...so do
it." Re-motivation is crucial in the world of writing. I look for
creative ways to get that lyrical engine revving. So whatever works on a
certain day, I go with it.

5. Taking it back to your debut novel, how did it feel to hold your first book
in your hand?

I am actually working on a book of fiction short stories now. However when
my first book of poetry was published some five years ago, after everything
finally soaked in, I was humble and felt very blessed to have reached a
milestone that millions across the world are vying for. Regardless of how
many works are published, the euphoria is always fresh when the end product
is manifest.

6. Other then writing what is one of the things you love to do?

I love performing spoken word and poetry.

7. When is all said and done what mark do you want to leave in the literary
industry?

I actually haven't really thought about leaving a mark per se; but my
ultimate desire is to allow everyone to know that I gave my absolute best
in becoming a better writer and supporter for those just coming into the
game.

Visit the author at www.marclacy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones