wibiya widget

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Get to Know Loretta "Faith" Harris


1.Tell us a little about yourself and what you do.

I am an educator, author, publisher, and radio personality. As a high school teacher, I strive to ignite a passion for reading in the lives of my students. In 2006, I coauthored five young adult chapter books with my inner city middle school students. The day after its completion, I met in a life threatening car accident and doctors told my family that I was not going to make it. By the grace of God, I have survived and lived to tell my story which is detailed in my memoir, “The Journey Less Traveled: Choose to Turn Your Tragedy into Triumph.”

2.Why did you write this book?

I wrote “The Journey Less Traveled” to encourage readers who are facing life’s tragic occurrences to never give up. You are speaking to someone who died, relied on life support while in a medically induced coma. The entire left side of my body was broken into multiple parts and countless internal organs damaged. I believe that the greatest adversity in our lifetime is death and if “I” escaped its grip then “You” should be inspired to overcome your obstacles.

3.What message do you hope to share with readers?

I felt a sincere burden to reach out and tell others that I have resided at “ground zero” and they are not alone. Tragedy has no favorites and unfortunately bad things indeed happen to good people. Despite the obstacles, as long as there is breath in your body there is hope!

4.How do you hope your story will inspire others?

I hope that people will be empowered supernaturally and never give up. It is important that you understand the lessons in every tragic situation that has or will occur in your life. Even if it hurts you must make the decision to, “Take the Journey Less Traveled and Choose to Turn Your Tragedy into Triumph!”

5.Where can people learn more about your writings and other efforts?

You can visit our business websites: www.chpublishing.org or www.myspace.com/chpublishing

6.How can our readers contact you directly?

I can be reached directly via email: LHarris@chpublishing.org, or Mail: P.O. Box 691223 Orlando, FL 32869

7.How can someone purchase a book?

Online: www.chpublishing.org; www.amazon.com and everywhere books are sold.

Mail check or money order: $15 + 4.50 (shipping) P.O. Box 691223 Orlando, FL 32869

Thank you,

Loretta “Faith” Harris

“The Journey Less Traveled: Choose to Turn Your Tragedy into Triumph”
By, Loretta “Faith” Harris

At some point during life’s journey, you will come face to face with adversity. Enduring the hardship, while holding true to your faith and the promises of God, are key components in your victory over these devastating encounters. As a survivor of tragedy, Loretta Harris speaks candidly about her encounter with death, the emotional upheavals, and her struggle to transition back into reality. Readers of all ages, cultures, and experiences will be empowered by one woman’s choice to triumph over her tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones