wibiya widget

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1 Holiday Special with Erin Austin


Erin Austin, author

Erin Austin was born to write. Her passion for writing was ignited at an early age when her parents would take her and her twin sister to the library. It was during one of those early library visits, Erin happened upon the book series (NEED NAME HERE). The stories took her on a journey like none she had ever experienced and sparked her creativity. With each turn of the page Erin found herself waiting with baited breath to experience each twist and turn of the characters. The words came to life for Erin and crafted her love for storytelling.

But alas, all good things must come to an end. For Erin, the end was the beginning. When she finished the series she found herself unable to find another which kept her passion burning. She combed the library and local bookstores but no book inspired her in the same way. That was when Erin took pen to paper and began to write her own stories. She would daydream for hours creating characters, scenarios, villains and victors – constantly weaving their stories through the hills and valleys of love, life, family and friends.

In 2009, Erin will debut her first novel Heart Over Mind a deeply personal and tender tale about a young woman’s journey to find, keep and let go of love. The book will be published through Xlibris, a division of Random House.

Writing under the pen name EShane, a collection of her short stories and book club reviews can be found on her blog at www.esaanaink.com.


Synopsis:Airen spent her love life trying to keep herself off of the heartbreak train. In the mist of her quest, Airen stumbles upon Nate, who she falls in love with. Airen believes Nate is the one, but sometimes questions his commitment. She is trying to remain patient with Nate and true to herself, without running him away. Nate has never encountered a woman such as Airen. He finds himself in a struggle to be the man she needs him to be. He wants to give her what she wants, but his inner demons won’t let him. Memories of past relationships gone wrong and the daily pressures of life begin to wreak havoc on their relationship. Both wonder silently if they should just walk away but fear bringing the other more pain. This internal conflict draws on the logic of the mind and the passion of the
heart. Which will prevail? Airen and Nate will be faced with the challenges of following their mind which is the compass for their decision and listening to their hearts which provides the comfort they are each seeking. No matter which path they choose each will learn more about themselves and valuable lessons about the heart and the mind.

Interview with E. Shane:

How long have you been writing?


I have been writing since I was in junior high school. Heart Over Mind is my first
published book.

What inspired you to write a book?

Reading inspired me to write. We used to go to the library all the time when I was
younger. In 7th grade I read a series of books about teenage friends. I remember always being anxious to get to the next book. Those were the first books I ever read in a weekend. The feeling of being in a story, I loved. When I finished the series, I was always on a search to find a book that took me to the same place those books did. I started imagining the lives of people, daydreaming about what was going on in their lives, and thinking up different scenarios to put them in. One day, I took a note book and just started writing. I’ve been writing ever since. I was almost finished with my story, which turned out to be my book Heart Over Mind, and decided to do something with it. That’s how I wrote my first book.

Why will someone want to read your book?

That is a good question. It is a really good story. I believe that everyone can relate to at least one part of it. You may not have been in the exact situation, but some of the things my characters think about or go through, mentally and emotionally, you can relate to. I read my work and I love it. To have someone else feel that way is a blessing. I think my book is totally relatable.

What type of books do you like to read?

My favorite types of books to read are romance novels, and fiction. I do read non-fiction, self help, and inspirational books as well, all to better myself. But the juicy stuff is my hearts joy. For a while I was reading a lot of text books but I decided that after graduation it was time to read something else.

What authors inspire you?

I absolutely love Eric Jerome Dickey. I love his writing style. He lets me live in the story, in the scene, in the moment. Toni Morrison is so deep. I would love to put words together like she does. I love Zane. Not because of her books, but because of the fact she created these books. Zane walks on the wild side, writing about topics others would not dare to, and she came out on top.

What are your goals as author?

Believe it or not, my goals are to write books my readers can feel. My favorite thing to do is curl up on the couch or in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. I love being able to read a book and experience the story as if I am in it or standing right there watching it unfold. I want to give my readers that experience. I want them to be able to step in and step out of my books emotionally and mentally.

What is E.Shane working on now?

I am finishing book number two now and starting on book number three. I am really
excited to be working on them right now. Hopefully, fingers crossed, book number two
will be out late winter, early spring.

Email: erin@esaanaink.net
Website: www.esaanaink.net
Book Purchases: www.esaanaink.net, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, www.booksgaloreplus.com
Twitter: E.Shane http://api.twitter.com/EShane
Facebook: E.Shane BookClub http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1182976347

ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY BY SENDING YOUR NAME AND LOCATION TO EVENTS@AAMBOOKCLUB.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones