wibiya widget

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Exposed Conversations w/ Lesley E. Hal


1. As a person what is your inspiration to write? The writer in me.

2. When did you discover you loved to write? In high school.

3. What was your first written piece and how did it feel to have accomplished such a task? The essay I wrote about my grandmother. My teacher was the one who told me I should consider writing as a career. I felt like I’ve achieved something that was greater than i could've ever imagined for myself to get that kind of response from such a hard to please tyrant like Mrs. Butler lol.

4. A Author’s career can be a difficult task, so how do you get into the zone to write your next book? If i get burned out, I take a break, read or do something creative like decorating etc to give me the push I need to get back the zone.

5. Taking it back to your debut novel, how did it feel to hold your first book in your hand? I felt like a mother seeing and holding her child for the first time after giving birth.

6. Other than writing what is one of the things you love to do? I'm an avid reader, I have so many books I hardly have anywhere to store them lol! Other than reading, I love to shop, decorate, do make-up and hang with my family and friends.

7. When is all said and done what mark do you want to leave in the literary industry? I want to be known as the writer's writer who can write in any genre or any form like scripts for movies and television etc. I also want to open doors for writers like Zane has. I think what she's doing is phenomenal and I strive to be just like her if not better.

Lesley is the Author of Blind Temptations visit her at http://www.pleasureprinciplepublishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones