wibiya widget

Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 WINTER VIRTUAL BOOK TOUR


2010 WINTER VIRTUAL BOOK TOUR
Rekaya Gibson, Author of The Food Temptress


What is The Food Temptress?
“The Food Temptress” is a fiction novel about a single woman named Ambrosia who uses food to seduce men and it converts them into the perfect guy. Set in New Orleans, she captures the hearts and minds of 16 men, ranging from the local sheriff to a Bourbon Street musician. Each short story serves up a delectable treat connected by Ambrosia’s continuing quest for both romantic and culinary perfection.

How did the Food Temptress come into a reality?
I spent ten months writing “The Food Temptress.” I searched for an agent for twelve months, to no avail. I conducted research on several publishing companies. Xpress Yourself Publishing Company (XYP) was the right fit, so it was the only one that I submitted my manuscript to for review. Six months later, I received a contract.

Growing up what was your favorite genre to read and why?
I loved reading romance fiction. Authors captured romantic scenes so well that I believed them. I am still a helpless romantic.

What is one thing you must put into your books when writing and creating your stories?
Passion.

What is your inspiration to writing?
The creative process and the power of words inspire me.

When all is said and done what do you want readers to take from your books?
I long for readers to have an emotional connection to my characters.

Is it true that authors place a little of themselves into their books? If so, have you done this?
I believe this is true. I did put a little of myself into “The Food Temptress.”

What projects do you have coming out next?
The sequel, “The Food Enchantress,” will be released in mid-April and a cookbook in November by XYP. I just signed a contract with NCM Publishing for my fiction novel, “Mama Don’t Like Ugly.”


Rekaya Gibson, Author
The Food Enchantress, Coming April 2010
The Food Temptress, Now Available...
on Amazon, BarnesandNoble.com, and at Bookstores
ISBN-10: 0-977-9398-3-9 / ISBN-13: 978-0-9779398-3-1

Visit the Author at www.rekayagibson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

July Book of the Month

Literary Events

  • Book Expo of America
  • Black Writers Conference
  • National Black Book Festival
  • National Book Club Conference

AAMBC Radio

Subscribe to AAMBC Reading Group

Powered by us.groups.yahoo.com

Blog viewed better in Modzilla Fire Fox

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones